I don’t know about you but I’d rather go to a CHICKEN POX PARTY then ever move again. In 1997 I moved from Richmond, Va to the Big Apple with everything I owned in two laundry baskets and a set of Hefty garbage bags. I’m not instinctually an organized person so even thinking about moving makes me want to curl up in a fetal position and suck on a COSMO. I wasn’t organized unlike my mother who is the Queen of lists. We moved a lot, a total of SEVEN times when I was a kid. My parents weren’t in the army… I guess my mother just liked a different fixer upper every two years. My mother had “moving” down to a science. She had a spiral notebook known as her moving log. She would pack a box, write a number on the outside corresponding with the same number in her log. Then she would record each item in the box in the log. So once the movers left she knew exactly where everything was.
Inevitably at the end of every move there was all this stuff that my mother didn’t know what to do with. So, she ended up leaving it all on the curb hoping that passerbys would stop and load whatever they needed into their cars. Had my mother only known about this cool new program by FlatRate Moving . They not only safely move you and your Grandma’s punch bowl but they also have a conscience and help the community. FlatRate Moving has joined forces with The Salvation Army Greater New York Division to create a joint donation program called, UPCYCLE. UPCYCLE is a solution for situations like that where they provide FlatRate customers with two specially-marked ‘UPCYCLE’ boxes to fill with items they can’t move. FlatRate Moving then delivers the items directly to The Salvation Army, where the contents are sold at Salvation Army Thrift Stores across New York City. Proceeds go to support local Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Centers that operate the Thrift Stores. This program is only available in New York City at this time.
I can stand behind FlatRate Moving because they don’t play games with its customers and guarantee one price. Unlike the movers who moved me to New Jersey and then slapped me with an extra $800 bill because it took more room on the truck then they had thought.
If only FlatRate could stick around after the move. If you’ve got extra cash to spend and want a white glove service that’s hassle free then use FlatRate ELITE which offers some cool FIRST CLASS services: Check out as I included what I’d like from my own concierge!
- · Personal Moving Liaison: one, dedicated person coordinates every aspect of the move- I wonder if they offer Prosecco and Botox?
- · Movers Trained in Business Etiquette: all movers have completed a multi-day course during which they learn professional and business etiquette and know that regular, on-site spot inspections will follow. Hope they know my business of etiquette includes, complements on my size 12 jeans fitting just right.
- · Exact Room Reproduction: down to the placement of coffee table books, artwork and family photos, FlatRate Elite will move a room from one location to another and set it up exactly the same way- Great hope my fifteen year old pomeranian’s turd makes is perfectly places in the same location next to the coffee table in the living room.
- · Quiet and Privacy: the use of specialized headsets allows movers to communicate with each other discreetly throughout the move. They also use tools such as noise-reduction tape to minimize the amount of racket made while packing. Can they leave the “noise-reduction” tape behind?
- · Fine Art, Antique, Wine and Piano Moving: from custom crates made to protect each item, to temperature-controlled trucks and storage, valuables will never be compromised. Do my SPANX count as a valuable?
- · Electronics/IT Setup: mounting, wiring and set-up of all electronic and technical equipment is done by professionals on staff- Awesome make sure my husband’s sub woofer is kept in the basement.
- · Carpenters: from shelf installation to hanging of artwork, all carpentry work is possible and done by staff carpenters – I’d like this carpenter to be sure to pimp out my closet please.
- · Locksmiths, Handymen, Cleaning Service, Personal Organizers, Car Service, etc. – every detail of getting both homes in tip-top shape are taken care of and organized by a client’s Personal Moving Liaison – I need a Personal LIFE Liaison- BRING IT !