Maybe you guys have noticed that I can’t commit to a Top 10 list because I have ADD and usually stop aorund 7ish. There are still a few week’s left of summer and plenty of great beach days ahead of us. Here are some of my favorite things I’ve been toting to the beach this summer and its made all the difference.
1. If you’ve ever seen me walking around town in the summer then you know I only wear mules or heels. My feet are super flat and wearing flip flops or cute ballet slippers is out of the question. I wear heels so much I’ve even run across the soccer field with my son in 3 inch boots. So, I was so thrilled when I found these comfy flip flops called Vionic Sandals with Orthaheel technology. I’ve worn them everywhere this summer, at the beach, the pool and even walking my crazy border collie, Bella Rose.
2. My first thought when I laid eyes on this speaker was “Wow, that could be mistaken for an Hermes clutch.” but get a closer look and its a portable bluetooth speaker. My kids love this portable speaker called the INNOFLASK. The speaker is about as big as a sunglass case.
3. I am the biggest makeup freak of all. I have makeup from 20 years ago that I can’t seem to throw away.
One of my new obsessions though is this bronzer from It Cosmetics. It blends perfectly and evens out my jacked up spray tan. Oh and has a delicious aromatherapy smell.
4. I all but gave up on beach umbrellas when mine flew out of the sand last year and bonked the octagnarian sitting next us in the head. Then I found this cool umbrella at beachbub.com. It stays put once you load sand up in its base! It perfectly shades my botoxed forehead reducing my plastic surgery bills tremendously.
5. Sarah-Janes Oilcloth Beach Bag. I absolutely love this brightly colored patterned beach bag. It’s made out of slick Mexican Oilcloth material. Its waterproof and monogramming is optional. Here’s my sweetheart daughter Ava at the pool modeling my new bags. SJ Oil Cloth.
6. Spyder Nothing drives me more crazy than getting to the beach and my phone going dead. Unless you want to try plug into a crab you are out of luck! I got a Spyder a few weeks ago and it’s one of the nicest battery phone cases I’ve seen. It has a light sleek design that actually protects my phone especially when my son knocks my it straight off the counter.
Carey Reilly is TV Host, Travel and Lifestyle Writer, Comedian and Mom to two children. Carey is a regular contributor to NBC’s Today Show, Foxnews.com, HLN, CNN, VH-1, Cooking Channel and Food Network. Carey’s lifestyle brand NotSoSkinnyMom.com keeps people posted on the latest food, cocktails travel and entertainment news.